Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Just Walk Away

Whatto! Winter Walkers.....

 Today I headed out again...
...despite the unfavourable weather forecasts.....
...well....after all....
...it says there's going to be 'more snow'....
....and there's already loads about already!
The paths were a bit more snowy.....
....and that just varied the walk for me.....


There were the usual wonderful aerial displays...
...from nearby trees....


And the fields looked strangely tranquil....
....wrapped up cosily in their huge white bedspread....

 
I noticed that the traffic has compressed the snow now.....
....so that apart from a thin strip running down the centre of the road....
...the rest is like an ice rink!

 
I'm not sure if this is a disused windmill....
....or just some kind of tower?...
....whatever it was....
...it's definately a folly now....
...but I loved the way it surveyed this typically Norfolk countryside...

 
Then the forecasts came true.....
....and the heavens opened!....
....and suddenly the handy ear flaps fitted to my lumberjack hat....
...became very useful indeed!

 
You can't see it well in this pic...
...but right now...
...the wind was blowing fiercely from right to left....
....horizontally!

 
But some people just keep going...
...even in these conditions!...
....and I was one of those people!
....as was a local farmer...
....in his tractor...
...pulling rolls of hay to feed his animals on....

 
I was so interested in watching him...
...manouveur his tractor backwards through the gate....
....that I didn't notice my footing.
I had wandered away from the centre of the road!
Within a split second the ice had had it's fun with me....
....and I was flipped over onto my back!
Oooouch!
As I struggled to my feet...
....(hoping the farmer was too busy to have noticed my slight error of judgement).....
...I took my mind off things....
....by focusing my complete attention...
...on the telephone box...
...which was growing in a nearby hedge!

 
Then another tractor trundled by...
...and I wondered if the first farmer had text his mate....
...to say "there's some nutcase falling around in the snow down here....
....if you fancy a good laugh at his expense!"

 
Once the other tractor had passed...
...I took a few seconds out....
....just to regain my comfort.
And prove right the old adage....
"Don't eat the yellow snow!"

 
Once the snow stopped falling....
....the clouds began to clear quite quickly ....
....and a gloriously sunny sky became exposed once more....

 
Today I was particularly glad to reach home base....
....and I immediately treated myself...
...to a lovely pot of hot porridge!
Which had some honey drizzled into it.....
...delicious!

 
Yes....
I can sefely say...
....that the great thing about walking round in the snow....
....has got to be....
...when you stop!

 

Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel