Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Lord Noel on The Wisdom Of Older Personages

Whatto! Peeps...
Women will realise it too...but apparently they weren't at this particular meeting.

My lovely old Grandmother was very wise (I'm told I take after her), and her face was incredibly creased and lined (I'm told I don't take after her) so much so, that she often reminded me of an old native American (or as we preferred in those days 'an Indian').
She was very outspoken and would often share what was on her mind about important issues of the day.
I'll always remember sitting beside her when I was young...
...hoping she would tell me something important so that I too could feel grown up and clever like her.
One day, as she was supping slowly on her favourite glass filled with bottled Guinness...
...and drawing deeply on an unfiltered Woodbine cigarette...
...which I had bought for her as 'singles' taken from an opened packet...
...and sold to me by a man from a van which was permanently parked at the end of her road...
(I was ten at the time)...
...she told me....
...in her beautiful Dublin accent which gave her voice a singing quality as she spoke...

"Lord Noel" she said...
..."In olden days a glimpse of stocking was looked on as something shocking...
...now heaven knows, anything goes...
...now feck off!"
And my goodness! How right she was!

Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel